Rushanara is recruiting for a new diary and research assistant to work in her Westminster office.
Rushanara Ali MP for Bethnal Green and Bow is looking to recruit a Diary and Research Assistant to work in her Westminster Office. The main focus of the role will be managing Rushanara’s diary, providing research and administrative support as well as supporting the smooth running of the office. Bethnal Green and Bow is an exciting, dynamic and diverse part of London and this is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in Westminster, and to join a vibrant team supporting Rushanara’s work in the constituency and nationally.
The duties of this role would include but not be limited to:
• Diary management;
• Assisting with the arrangement of events in parliament and locally;
• Liaising with a wide variety of important stakeholders, often acting as the first point-of-contact for Rushanara’s office;
• Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses;
• Ensuring office records are kept efficiently and are up to date;
• Assisting with research for parliamentary and constituency issues;
• Responding to media bids and liaising with journalists and media outlets.
• Highly organised and efficient (previous diary management experience highly desirable);
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to deal with queries from all audiences in a helpful and sympathetic manner;
• Excellent attention to detail and confident at prioritising tasks;
• Able to manage a large workload and keep to tight deadlines;
• Sound judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues;
• Sympathetic with the aims and principles of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 December 2016
Applications close at 5pm.
Interviews likely to take place on Thursday 08 December 2016 with any starting date to be soon after this.
Please send a CV of no more than two pages and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application – Diary and Research Assistant' along with your full name in the subject line.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of responses, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.